During this two-day course, attendees gain the knowledge necessary to lead a Lean-Agile enterprise by using the Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) and its underlying principles derived from Lean, systems thinking, Agile development, product development flow, and DevOps. Participants in the class gain insights into mastering business agility to thrive in competitive markets.
They discuss how to establish team and technical agility and organize and re-organize around the flow of value. Attendees also learn and practice the skills to support and execute PI Planning events and coordinate multiple Agile Release Trains (ARTs).
Class participants will explore the importance of adopting a customer-centric mindset and Design-Thinking approach to Agile Product Delivery. Learners will also understand how to implement a Lean Portfolio Management function within their enterprise.
The following individuals will benefit from this course:
- Executives and Leaders, Managers, Directors, CIOs, and VPs
- Development, QA, and Infrastructure Management
- Program and Project Managers
- Product and Product Line Management
- Portfolio Managers, PMO, and Process Leads
- Enterprise, System, and Solution Architects
All are welcome to attend the course, regardless of experience. However, the following prerequisites are highly recommended for those who intend to take the SAFe 5 Agilist (SA) certification exam:
- 5+ years experience in software development, testing, business analysis, product or project management
- Experience in Scrum
- Exam name – SAFe® 4 Agilist Exam – or – SAFe® 5 Agilist Exam
- Exam format – Multiple choice
- Exam delivery – Web-based (single-browser), closed book, no outside assistance, timed
- Exam access – Candidates can access the exam within the SAFe Community Platform upon completion of the Leading SAFe® course
- Exam duration – Once the exam begins, candidates have 90 minutes (1.5 hours) to complete the exam
- Number of questions: 45
- Passing score – SA4 = 34 out of 45 (75%); SA5 = 35 out of 45 (77%)
- Language – English
- Exam cost – First exam attempt is included as part of the course registration fee if the exam is taken within 30 days of course completion. Each retake attempt costs $50.
- Retake policy – Second attempt on exam (first retake) can be done immediately after first attempt. Third attempt requires a 10-day wait. Fourth attempt requires a 30-day wait.